Pages

Thursday 17 June 2010

12 Days of Blogging #9


One for the dogs today. These little bone treats are so cute.

Well this card started out a disaster...I mistakenly thought that stamping the Tailgaiting Stampin' Around in Bashful Blue would show up on Brilliant Blue, well it did for a minute or so, but once dried it was impossible to photograph. The printed sentiment was also cut too wide and everyting cut and glued....agghh what to do?


Well, I stuck two strips of Scalloped Edged Ballet Blue on top of the sentiment to reduce its width and stamped Tailgaiting in black on to Whisper White. I created an undulating top to the Whisper White by following the line of the stamp, picking up on the scallop of the sentiment boarder. I coloured the lorry with ink from a Brilliant Blue ink pad stamped on to a plastic sheet, picking up the colour with my Aqua Painter. The shadow and green highlight is created in teh same way. The dogs are coloured with neutral Watercolor Wonder Crayons, and water brushed.


You will need to use StazOn Cleaner with the black ink cartridges on the Stampin' Around.


Not a bad rescue...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Clare, this is fab! It works so well, and I would never have known it wasn't what you first intended if you hadn't said so. I love it!

    Hugs,

    Becki
    xx

    ReplyDelete