Pages

Thursday 3 June 2010

3d Cockateel


I was inspired by a number of the grunge type feel projects in Craft Stamper magazine, the Night and Day Speciality Designer Papers and bird two step punch in the Mini Catalogue to create this 3d piece.
I covered three pieces of chipboard in three different patterns from the Night and Day papers. I used a nail file to smooth the edges for a better finish. I stamped and embossed the large flourish from Baroque Motifs on the top of each piece of board, you can see the pattern shining in the photograph. I stamped a clear button, I sell those too, with the flourish in black StazOn ink and tied it to the 1-1/4" (3.2cm) black striped grosgrain ribbon. I also stamped the flourish on a flower from the Pretties Kit, securing a clear Rhinestone Brad in the centre. I cut out the photograph from one I took at the Pet Porpoise Pool at Coffs Habour, Australia. (They rescue and breed, otherwise I wouldn't have visited) This beautiful boy has a hint of pale sulphur yellow, so I turned the photograph in to black and white for the project.
I punched out the birds and after inking the edges placed them on the flourishes within the paper to act as tree branches.
I have not covered the backs of the board, on purpose, I'm waiting for inspiration to use this for another piece of art on a different theme, so that I can ring the changes to my home decor.

2 comments:

  1. the pied pedlar3 June 2010 at 11:20

    I love this one,I could see your Australia influnce.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, Clare!!! What a gorgeous project.

    Hugs,

    Becki
    xx

    ReplyDelete